‘Late Night UTA’: Low Cost Shared Rides In Downtown Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Transit Authority is set to launch a new on-demand ride service designed to bring people to the downtown area as part of the economic recovery from the pandemic.
The program is named Late Night UTA. It will offer rides Thursday through Saturday from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. Late Night UTA begins on Thursday and will end on Sept. 4.
The program is a partnership between UTA and Via, an on-demand shared rides service.
It will connect late-night workers, or those attending events like concerts or Jazz games to a Via vehicle.
UTA said riders will be able to transfer to any other UTA service with their fare during operating hours and within the service area.
It's available 10pm-4am, Thurs, Fri, Sat in SLC.
— UTA (@RideUTA) May 24, 2021
“Riders will be able to leave their car at home and won’t have to worry about parking in the city,” the news release said.
On most nights riders will have to walk only a couple of minutes to meet a driver and rides will cost $2.50.
The service area does not include the airport.
Door-to-door service will be offered for passengers who require a wheelchair-accessible car.
Riders can download the app by searching ‘Via’ in the App Store for iPhone or in Google Play for Android.
More information is available here.
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)