Westlake High School Sophomore Killed In Crash
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah — A 16-year-old student at Westlake High School is dead after a crash in Saratoga Springs Tuesday afternoon.
In an email sent to parents, Principal Gary Twitchell confirmed the student killed was sophomore Ammon Blake.
Assistant Chief Bill Robertson with the Saratoga Springs Police Department said Blake was attempting to turn left on to Harvest Hills Blvd. from Redwood Rd. when another car ran a red light and hit him.
He died on the scene.
The driver of the car who hit him, a 28-year-old man, was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
Police say witnesses reported seeing the 28-year-old speeding and driving erratically just before the crash.
Counselors will be made available at Westlake High School throughout the week for students who may need additional support.
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 12623)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 8243)
- Netflix’s ‘Falling for Christmas’ filmed at these charming Utah locations - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6214)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as ‘the life of the party’ - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5376)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 5319)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4730)