2 killed, 1 Injured In Box Elder Co. After Car Crashes Into Pole To Avoid Blown Tire Debris
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah – Utah Highway Patrol is investigating a crash that killed two people and critically injured a third Tuesday evening in Box Elder County.
UHP officials said a camper trailer blew a tire and a nearby car swerved to avoid the tire tread, but crashed into a pole just north of Brigham City on I-15 soon after 5:00 p.m.
The male driver was killed in the crash.
A female passenger died later at the hospital.
A third passenger was flown to the hospital with critical injuries.
I-15 was closed for a time in the area so medical helicopters could land and officers could complete the investigation.
Police identified the victims Thursday morning as 20-year-old Kennedy Jones and 20-year-old Hope Southwick from Tremonton.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10137)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 9660)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6421)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 6158)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3625)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3418)