Wednesday’s Child: 14-Year-Old Kaylee Looks For Family To Support Her Creativity
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — This week’s Wednesday’s Child is Kaylee, a young woman who is bursting with creativity and looking for a family that will support her passions.
Kaylee, 14, knows what she likes.
“I wear jewelry, but I don’t wear makeup,” she said.
“You can rock that,” KSL-TV’s Shara Park told Kaylee as they looked over a necklace she designed at Kendra Scott in City Creek.
“Technically, I can rock anything,” Kaylee replied.
She is creative.
“I’m writing a song right now and I am also writing a book,” she said.
She also loves animals.
“Since I was a little girl, I’ve always wanted to be a vet,” said Kaylee.
She’s had a rough few years living in four foster homes.
She worries that if she’s adopted and makes a mistake, the family will send her back.
“I’m just trying to not, just trying to keep my head down so I don’t move to another foster home,” said Kaylee.
Kaylee said she’s lived all over Utah.
“I’ve lived in Taylorsville, Provo, I lived in Moroni,” she said.
She said she’s not afraid to try somewhere new.
Kaylee just hopes that wherever she goes, there will be someone there to support her and guide her.
The jewelry Kaylee made during her visit at Kendra Scott will be auctioned off at a concert, featuring Utah artist Peter Breinholt on June 11. The proceeds will benefit children living in foster care in Utah.
Information on tickets can be found here.
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 33024)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22249)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 17815)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12809)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8138)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 5410)