Police Identify Teen In Taylorsville Homicide
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah – The identity has been released of a 15-year-old boy who was found dead in Taylorsville.
Officials from the Unified Police Department identified the victim as Ivan Nickolas “Nick” Vetecnik.
Sgt. Melody Cutler with the UPD said officers were called out to 1623 Elsie Drive shortly after 4 p.m. Wednesday, following the discovery of the teen’s body inside a trailer and a “substantial” amount of blood.
“We do not have any idea at this point the cause of death, so we’re calling it a suspicious death at this point,” said Cutler.
Cutler said the person of interest, a 17-year-old boy, was a friend with the deceased and the two had been seen together earlier.
On Thursday afternoon, Unified Police said the incident was ruled a homicide and that the suspect was taken into custody.
The Vetecnik family has set up a GoFundMe* account to help pay for funeral expenses.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10805)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9163)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6858)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 5521)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5318)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4304)