Excessive Heat Warnings & Advisories Issued Across Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — Excessive heat warnings and advisories will go into effect across Utah Thursday, with some lasting through Saturday.
KSL meteorologist Grant Weyman said highs will jump to the upper 90s along the Wasatch Front with some areas approaching 100 degrees, while southern Utah will see highs in the triple digits through the weekend.
A forecasted high of 100 degrees for Salt Lake City on Friday would be the earliest 100-degree day on record.
Extra hot for us along the Wasatch Front… and in St. George… through the weekend. pic.twitter.com/XQVjEKxkpy
— Grant Weyman (@KSLweyman) June 3, 2021
Parts of Washington County and the Glen Canyon National Recreational Area will be under an excessive heat warning from noon Thursday until Saturday night with highs forecasted to reach 105 degrees.
The warning will cover the Wasatch Front and West Desert beginning Friday.
The Tooele and Rush valleys will be under a heat advisory with highs approaching 99 degrees Friday and Saturday, while the western Uinta Basin and Sanpete and Sevier valleys will be under the advisory on Friday.
The National Weather Service said “extreme heat will significantly increase the potential for heat-related illnesses, particularly for those working or participating in outdoor activities.
“Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances.”
Super hot later this week… pic.twitter.com/27rt3PV8d8
— Grant Weyman (@KSLweyman) June 1, 2021
Parts of southern Utah will also be under a fire weather watch on Saturday as humidity could drop below 10% with wind gusts of up to 30 mph.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)