One Killed, Others Injured In Three-Vehicle Crash On SR-201
MAGNA, Utah — One woman is dead and at least two others were critically injured in a three-vehicle crash on state Route 201 early Friday morning, according to Lt. Brent Shelby with the Utah Highway Patrol.
Shelby said a passenger car was attempting to exit S.R. 201 to go southbound on 8400 West around 12:50 a.m. when it was sideswiped by another car.
“After the collision, both vehicles traveled through the gorge across 8400 West back to the S.R. 201 westbound ramp,” troopers said. “While the first vehicle was crossing the ramp it struck a third vehicle nearly head-on.”
A woman in her 30s was ejected from the first vehicle and died on scene while four others were injured.
Two were taken to area hospitals in critical condition and two more were treated on scene.
Investigators were looking at speed, seat belt use and impairment as factors in the crash but said it was too early to tell if alcohol played a factor.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)