FOOD & RECIPES
Harmons Chef Lesli’s Thai Beef Salad With Cucumber & Mint
SALT LAKE CITY — Chef Lesli Sommerdorf with Harmons joined KSL-TV’s Dan Spindle in studio Friday to show us her take on a Thai beef salad with cucumber and mint.
Thai Beef Salad With Cucumber & Mint
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 lb ribeye steak
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4 tsp red curry paste
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup sweet chile sauce
2 Tbsp fish sauce
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 tsp honey
9 oz romaine lettuce, torn into 2” pieces
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced, rinsed under cold water and patted dry
1/2 hothouse cucumber, sliced into 1/8” thick rounds
1 small carrot, shredded
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat or a broiler on high heat. Generously season steak with salt and pepper. Slather with curry paste and oil. Grill or broil steak until medium-rare, flipping once, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer steak to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
To prepare dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together chile sauce, fish sauce, lime zest and juice and honey. Set aside.
To serve, slice steak into 1/8” thick strips 3” long. Place steak strips, lettuce, red onion, cucumber, carrot, mint and cilantro in a large serving bowl and lightly season.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)