Harmons Chef Lesli’s Thai Beef Salad With Cucumber & Mint
SALT LAKE CITY — Chef Lesli Sommerdorf with Harmons joined KSL-TV’s Dan Spindle in studio Friday to show us her take on a Thai beef salad with cucumber and mint.
Thai Beef Salad With Cucumber & Mint
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 lb ribeye steak
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4 tsp red curry paste
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup sweet chile sauce
2 Tbsp fish sauce
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 tsp honey
9 oz romaine lettuce, torn into 2” pieces
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced, rinsed under cold water and patted dry
1/2 hothouse cucumber, sliced into 1/8” thick rounds
1 small carrot, shredded
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat or a broiler on high heat. Generously season steak with salt and pepper. Slather with curry paste and oil. Grill or broil steak until medium-rare, flipping once, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer steak to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
To prepare dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together chile sauce, fish sauce, lime zest and juice and honey. Set aside.
To serve, slice steak into 1/8” thick strips 3” long. Place steak strips, lettuce, red onion, cucumber, carrot, mint and cilantro in a large serving bowl and lightly season.
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 6306)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 5570)
- One Arrest Made In Austin, Texas, Mass Shooting That Injured 14 People (pageviews: 5069)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 4786)
- Prices are Surging. Here's What Is Getting More Expensive (pageviews: 4155)
- Utah Woman Dies After Rollover Crash In Idaho (pageviews: 3149)
- Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed (pageviews: 2991)
- Officials Urge Utahns To Follow Extreme Drought Watering Guide (pageviews: 2617)
- Water Wasting Reports Flood Utah's 'Hall Of Fame Or Shame' Website (pageviews: 2390)