Suspect Hits Two Police Vehicles, Injures Officer During Pursuit In Millcreek
MILLCREEK, Utah – Two police vehicles were hit and an officer was injured during a pursuit in Millcreek.
Detective Ken Hansen with the Unified Police Department said officers were first called to reports of a DUI crash at 1863 Murray Holladay Road around 3:30 p.m. Monday.
Hansen said paramedics were helping a female passenger in the car who was passed out, when the driver fled.
As the suspect vehicle fled the scene, it hit a UPD vehicle that was waiting for the suspect at Highland Drive and 4000 South in Millcreek. As the suspect vehicle spun out, a second UPD vehicle tried to pin it against the wall, but instead, the suspect hit the officer’s car and fled again in the area of 500 East.
Police thought they had cornered the suspect in an apartment complex, but he managed to drive through a fence and evade officers.
Officers were eventually able to spike his tires on 500 East near 4500 South. The suspect then fled on foot, but was quickly caught.
Police said an officer was elbowed in the neck during the arrest, but is expected to recover.
The suspect was also injured and taken to the hospital with cuts and bruises. He’s expected to be booked into the Salt Lake County Jail.
Officials said it’s unclear if the man was impaired.
Police have not released the suspect’s name, but said he has a “long list” of felony warrants.
The female passenger was checked by paramedics on the scene, but police did not release information about her injuries.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 21408)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 14286)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6417)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5704)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4791)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3806)