Carbon County Wildfire Threatens Two Buildings
CARBON COUNTY, Utah — Air and ground resources are responding to a new wildfire near Price Canyon in Carbon County, which firefighters said is threatening at least two structures.
State fire officials said the Bear Fire, located off of Highway 6, has grown to more than 500 acres as of 8:01 p.m. Tuesday.
The blaze was originally estimated at 60 acres around 4:50 p.m.
In a tweet from Utah Fire Info, officials reminded the public to not stop along Highway 6 and take photos. They also reminded drivers to watch out for firefighters working in the area.
The #BearFire has grown to 500+ acres. 2 structures are threatened.
Do NOT stop along Hwy 6 near the fire area to take photos or watch suppression efforts, proceed with caution and be on the lookout for firefighters working along the travel corridor. #ffslkw pic.twitter.com/gAA68wOzfO
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) June 9, 2021
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Smoke from the fire could be seen in satellite images.
— US StormWatch (@US_Stormwatch) June 9, 2021
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen (pageviews: 28039)
- 17-year-old boy died by suicide hours after being 'sextorted' (pageviews: 23205)
- Man dead, teen flown to hospital in attempted killing and suicide (pageviews: 13783)
- Woman fatally shot in Pleasant Grove; police say her son is now in custody (pageviews: 13358)
- Friends remember mom, tattoo artist shot and killed in Pleasant Grove (pageviews: 10487)
- Springville High softball team honors teen shot in murder-suicide scenario (pageviews: 9814)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8545)