US Highway 6 In Carbon County Closed Due to Bear Fire
PRICE, Utah –– The Bear Fire in Carbon County closed U.S. Highway 6 near Bear Canyon Wednesday night.
As of 7:30 p.m., both directions of the highway were closed as the wildfire reached the west side of U.S. 6 at mile marker 229.
Fire Affecting Roadway
Both Directions US 6 Closed
at MP 229 (1 MI W of Indian Cyn) Carbon Co.
Use Alt Route
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) June 10, 2021
In a press release, Type 3 Incident Commander Jason Porter said “The fire is on the west side of US-6 and one of our primary objectives is to keep it west of US-6.”
Wednesday evening, officials estimate the Bear Fire is 5,300 acres with no containment.
The fire was started by lighting.
#BearFire UPDATE: Fire has reached US-6. Highway closed in both directions. Follow @UDOTTRAFFIC for updates. Fire is est. at 5,300 acres, 0% contained and was caused by lightning. Type 2 team ordered. Should take command Saturday. #blmgl
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) June 10, 2021
Updates on the road closure can be found on the UDOT app, @UDOT Traffic on Twitter, or https://udottraffic.utah.gov/.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19689)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7534)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 4062)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3960)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3749)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3586)