US Highway 6 In Carbon County Closed Due to Bear Fire
PRICE, Utah –– The Bear Fire in Carbon County closed U.S. Highway 6 near Bear Canyon Wednesday night.
As of 7:30 p.m., both directions of the highway were closed as the wildfire reached the west side of U.S. 6 at mile marker 229.
Fire Affecting Roadway
Both Directions US 6 Closed
at MP 229 (1 MI W of Indian Cyn) Carbon Co.
Use Alt Route
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) June 10, 2021
In a press release, Type 3 Incident Commander Jason Porter said “The fire is on the west side of US-6 and one of our primary objectives is to keep it west of US-6.”
Wednesday evening, officials estimate the Bear Fire is 5,300 acres with no containment.
The fire was started by lighting.
#BearFire UPDATE: Fire has reached US-6. Highway closed in both directions. Follow @UDOTTRAFFIC for updates. Fire is est. at 5,300 acres, 0% contained and was caused by lightning. Type 2 team ordered. Should take command Saturday. #blmgl
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) June 10, 2021
Updates on the road closure can be found on the UDOT app, @UDOT Traffic on Twitter, or https://udottraffic.utah.gov/.
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 6306)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 5570)
- One Arrest Made In Austin, Texas, Mass Shooting That Injured 14 People (pageviews: 5069)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 4786)
- Prices are Surging. Here's What Is Getting More Expensive (pageviews: 4155)
- Utah Woman Dies After Rollover Crash In Idaho (pageviews: 3149)
- Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed (pageviews: 2991)
- Officials Urge Utahns To Follow Extreme Drought Watering Guide (pageviews: 2617)
- Water Wasting Reports Flood Utah's 'Hall Of Fame Or Shame' Website (pageviews: 2390)