Deadly Crash On U.S. 6 In Carbon County
Carbon County – A driver was killed in a crash on U.S. 6 Wednesday evening.
Utah Highway Patrol says the driver of a white Dodge pickup was traveling east on U.S. 6 at 6:30 Wednesday evening, when it drifted across the centerline, hitting a westbound semi-truck.
The driver of the Dodge died at the scene.
UHP says the semi-truck swerved onto the shoulder to attempt to avoid the collision, but was hit on the driver side door.
The driver and co-driver of the semi were not hurt.
Investigators suspect the driver of the pickup may have been impaired.
At almost the same time as the crash, state fire officials requested U.S. 6 be closed in the area due to the Bear Fire encroaching on the highway.
UHP says it does not appear smoke played any role in the crash and that visibility was clear.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)