Deadly Crash On U.S. 6 In Carbon County
Carbon County – A driver was killed in a crash on U.S. 6 Wednesday evening.
Utah Highway Patrol says the driver of a white Dodge pickup was traveling east on U.S. 6 at 6:30 Wednesday evening, when it drifted across the centerline, hitting a westbound semi-truck.
The driver of the Dodge died at the scene.
UHP says the semi-truck swerved onto the shoulder to attempt to avoid the collision, but was hit on the driver side door.
The driver and co-driver of the semi were not hurt.
Investigators suspect the driver of the pickup may have been impaired.
At almost the same time as the crash, state fire officials requested U.S. 6 be closed in the area due to the Bear Fire encroaching on the highway.
UHP says it does not appear smoke played any role in the crash and that visibility was clear.
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 6306)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 5570)
- One Arrest Made In Austin, Texas, Mass Shooting That Injured 14 People (pageviews: 5069)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 4786)
- Prices are Surging. Here's What Is Getting More Expensive (pageviews: 4155)
- Utah Woman Dies After Rollover Crash In Idaho (pageviews: 3149)
- Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed (pageviews: 2991)
- Officials Urge Utahns To Follow Extreme Drought Watering Guide (pageviews: 2617)
- Water Wasting Reports Flood Utah's 'Hall Of Fame Or Shame' Website (pageviews: 2390)