One Dead After Hit-&-Run Crash In Clearfield
CLEARFIELD, Utah — A 67-year-old man died following a hit-and-run crash near 500 North and Main Street, according to the Clearfield Police Department.
Officers responded to the area just before 9:30 p.m. Wednesday after receiving multiple reports of an auto vs. pedestrian crash.
The victim was reportedly crossing Main Street when he was struck by a northbound vehicle. Police said there is no crosswalk at the location where the crash occurred.
“Statements from witnesses indicate the suspect vehicle continued north on Main Street and then east on 650 North,” police said in a statement. “Witnesses indicate a cream-colored Cadillac passenger car may be involved in this accident.”
The man was transported to Davis Hospital & Medical Center in critical condition but later died from his injuries.
Anyone with information on the crash or suspect vehicle was asked to contact the Clearfield Police Communications Center at 801-525-2806.
Police were working to obtain surveillance video from the area and said their investigation is ongoing.
The victim’s name would not be released until family members were notified of his death.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)