Mandatory Evacuations Ordered For Aspen Cove In Path Of Bennion Creek Fire
SCOFIELD, Utah – Fire officials ordered the mandatory evacuation of about 100 seasonal homes at the Aspen Cove in Scofield.
The cabin community could be threatened by the Bennion Creek Fire as forecasted winds are expected to push the flames toward the area.
Fire officials called the fire behavior extreme.
#BennionCreekFire update: Effective immediately, a mandatory evacuation of Aspen Cove is taking place in Scofield. The evacuation is due to extreme fire behavior and forecasted winds that will move the fire toward the community. #usfsss
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) June 10, 2021
The Bennion Creek Fire burned about 1,500 acres along the Utah and Carbon County line.
It was about 25% contained.
- Prices are Surging. Here's What Is Getting More Expensive (pageviews: 6277)
- Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed (pageviews: 5495)
- Locations For Smithfield, Two Other Temples Announced (pageviews: 4697)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 4008)
- Teen Drowns During Water Polo Practice (pageviews: 3161)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 3089)
- Friends, Family Remember Two High School Graduates Who Died In Fiery Crash – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2692)
- Firefighters Close US Highway 6 Due To Bear Fire; Reopenings Possible Throughout Day – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2118)
- Disneyland Resort Dropping Out-Of-State Restrictions Next Week (pageviews: 2078)