Mandatory Evacuations Ordered For Aspen Cove In Path Of Bennion Creek Fire
SCOFIELD, Utah – Fire officials ordered the mandatory evacuation of about 100 seasonal homes at the Aspen Cove in Scofield.
The cabin community could be threatened by the Bennion Creek Fire as forecasted winds are expected to push the flames toward the area.
Fire officials called the fire behavior extreme.
#BennionCreekFire update: Effective immediately, a mandatory evacuation of Aspen Cove is taking place in Scofield. The evacuation is due to extreme fire behavior and forecasted winds that will move the fire toward the community. #usfsss
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) June 10, 2021
The Bennion Creek Fire burned about 1,500 acres along the Utah and Carbon County line.
It was about 25% contained.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)