Man Killed In Overnight SLC Shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — A 22-year-old man died from gunshot wounds he sustained in an early morning shooting in Salt Lake City, police said.
The incident happened near 125 West and 300 South around 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
Lt. Steve Wooldridge with the Salt Lake City Police Department said officers heard gunshots in the area.
When they arrived on scene, they found a man on the ground with gunshot wounds.
The victim received medical aid until responders arrived, but Wooldridge said he did not survive.
He was later identified as Englandsienna Pauulu.
Police said they were looking for three Hispanic men believed to be fighting with the 22-year-old when shots were fired.
The incident remains under investigation.
Anyone with information has been asked to call police at 801-799-3000.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)