Committee Votes In Favor Of New Name For Dixie State University
ST. GEORGE, Utah — Dixie State University may soon have a new name.
The Dixie State University Name Recommendation Committee voted 11-3 in favor of renaming the university “Utah Polytechnic State University” with an alternative name of “Utah Tech” during a meeting Monday.
That name will move forward to the Dixie State University Board of Trustees for a vote there. If the board agrees, it will be sent to Utah Legislature for final approval. If either the trustees or the Legislature disagrees, the committee will work to come up with another name.
The vote Monday was made after a passionate discussion over two names that emerged from a series of focus group discussions: Utah Polytechnic University and Utah Technological University.
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 24950)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 19408)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 7979)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 6672)
- West Jordan woman killed in crash with truck in Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5715)
- UPDATE: Police found missing man dead (pageviews: 5710)