One Dead After Trench Collapses At South Jordan Construction Site
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Authorities said one man is dead after a dirt trench collapsed at a residential construction site.
Deputy Fire Chief Ryan Leffner with the South Jordan Fire Department said crews responded to the scene near 6000 West and South Jordan Parkway around 10:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Upon arrival, emergency crews found the victim unresponsive and construction crews attempting life-saving measures.
The man, whose identity has not been released, was pronounced dead on scene. Another person was transported to an area hospital as a precaution.
Leffner said the incident is under investigation and heavy rescue crews were working to ensure the area was stable enough to recover the victim.
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 24950)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 19408)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 7979)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 6672)
- West Jordan woman killed in crash with truck in Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5715)
- UPDATE: Police found missing man dead (pageviews: 5710)