One Dead After Trench Collapses At South Jordan Construction Site
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Authorities said one man is dead after a dirt trench collapsed at a residential construction site.
Deputy Fire Chief Ryan Leffner with the South Jordan Fire Department said crews responded to the scene near 6000 West and South Jordan Parkway around 10:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Upon arrival, emergency crews found the victim unresponsive and construction crews attempting life-saving measures.
The man, whose identity has not been released, was pronounced dead on scene. Another person was transported to an area hospital as a precaution.
Leffner said the incident is under investigation and heavy rescue crews were working to ensure the area was stable enough to recover the victim.
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home (pageviews: 9916)
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5751)
- Park City Fire Chief Dead After UTV Crash During Oregon Vacation (pageviews: 5201)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah's Drought (pageviews: 4135)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah’s Drought – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3339)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 3156)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2353)
- No. Tooele Police Investigating After Fireworks Damage Parts Of Neighborhood – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2187)
- Live (pageviews: 1925)