One Dead After Trench Collapses At South Jordan Construction Site
Jun 15, 2021, 12:59 PM
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Authorities said one man is dead after a dirt trench collapsed at a residential construction site.
Deputy Fire Chief Ryan Leffner with the South Jordan Fire Department said crews responded to the scene near 6000 West and South Jordan Parkway around 10:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Upon arrival, emergency crews found the victim unresponsive and construction crews attempting life-saving measures.
The man, whose identity has not been released, was pronounced dead on scene. Another person was transported to an area hospital as a precaution.
Leffner said the incident is under investigation and heavy rescue crews were working to ensure the area was stable enough to recover the victim.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 136150)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 26200)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 9800)
- Crews recover body of missing snowmobiler who was buried in Utah County avalanche (pageviews: 9341)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 9283)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 6559)