Herriman, Washington Terrace Announce Water Conservation Changes
HERRIMAN, Utah – With triple-digit temperatures and a drought that has severely affected every Utah county, Herriman and Washington Terrace announced new conservation measures.
Herriman temporarily paused new landscaping requirements through Sept. 15. New single-family homes, townhouses, condos and other commercial projects fall under the pause.
“This will allow for landscaping to be placed during the cooler months rather than the dry, extreme heat of the summer months,” the city said in a tweet.
In light of the drastic drought conditions we are facing, as a City, we are seeking ways to help conserve water.
Working with the Building Department, we have determined it best to place a temporary pause on required new landscaping through September 15th, 2021. pic.twitter.com/bfwoLec1di
— Herriman City (@HerrimanCity) June 16, 2021
“New landscaping, especially lawns, need consistent moisture and soil temperatures to germinate,” the tweet said. “For this reason, we will implement this pause to reduce water usage and ensure everyone’s landscaping will have a better chance to flourish by being installed in the fall.”
Residents and builders can call the city’s Building Department at 801-446-5327.
Also, Washington Terrace adopted a new conservation phrase — “Tan is the new Green.”
In a Facebook post, the city said it will water only one day a week in some areas.
Other changes included watering frequently used sports fields and other high traffic areas of the city twice a week.
The post also asked residents to limit watering their yards to two days a week.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)