Crews Respond To New Fire In Tooele County
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah — Fire crews have responded to the Morgan Canyon Fire, which was reported early Friday morning.
State fire officials said the blaze is burning between Grantsville and Rush Valley off of the Mormon Trail Road in Tooele County.
It has burned 37 acres as of 10:10 a.m. Saturday.
Crews said the blaze saw minimal activity overnight “with some single tree torching observed,” according to a tweet from Utah Fire Info.
Two hotshot crews have been assigned to fight the flames, with the help of helitack, engines and air support.
#MorganCanyonFire saw minimal fire activity overnight, with some single tree torching observed. Still mapped at 37 acres. Aircraft will continue to support crews on the ground today. As of this morning, Northern Utah Type 3 Incident Management Team has assumed command of the fire pic.twitter.com/X066p0c8ew
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) June 19, 2021
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) June 18, 2021
The blaze may have been sparked by a plane crash.
Officials with the National Transportation Security Board confirmed to KSL-TV Friday afternoon that they were investigating a plane crash in the area.
Preliminary information, according to the NTSB, suggests there were two people on board and both were killed.
Chopper 5 also spotted a charred plane near the fire.
Investigators said they will be requesting weather, radar, air traffic control, mechanical inspection and pilot’s medical data Saturday.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)