Authorities Identify Teen Who Drowned At Deer Creek Reservoir
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah — A Salt Lake County teenager who drowned at Deer Creek Reservoir has been identified as 17-year-old Fernando Botello Arredondo.
Utah State Parks Rangers responded to the Island Beach day-use area of Deer Creek State Park Thursday evening after receiving calls about a possible drowning.
Arredondo was playing in the reservoir when family members said he suddenly went under the water and did not resurface.
A member of the group tried to get Arredondo out of the reservoir, but officials said the water was murky and they couldn’t find him.
Park rangers said the water is 4 feet to 8 feet deep in the area and Arredondo “was not believed to have been using inflatable water toys or wearing a life jacket at the time of the incident.”
Arredondo’s body was recovered around 7:30 p.m. Thursday, and park rangers said the incident is under investigation.
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10805)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9163)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6858)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 5521)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5318)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4304)