Authorities Identify Teen Who Drowned At Deer Creek Reservoir
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah — A Salt Lake County teenager who drowned at Deer Creek Reservoir has been identified as 17-year-old Fernando Botello Arredondo.
Utah State Parks Rangers responded to the Island Beach day-use area of Deer Creek State Park Thursday evening after receiving calls about a possible drowning.
Arredondo was playing in the reservoir when family members said he suddenly went under the water and did not resurface.
A member of the group tried to get Arredondo out of the reservoir, but officials said the water was murky and they couldn’t find him.
Park rangers said the water is 4 feet to 8 feet deep in the area and Arredondo “was not believed to have been using inflatable water toys or wearing a life jacket at the time of the incident.”
Arredondo’s body was recovered around 7:30 p.m. Thursday, and park rangers said the incident is under investigation.
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home (pageviews: 9916)
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5751)
- Park City Fire Chief Dead After UTV Crash During Oregon Vacation (pageviews: 5201)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah's Drought (pageviews: 4135)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah’s Drought – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3339)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 3156)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2353)
- No. Tooele Police Investigating After Fireworks Damage Parts Of Neighborhood – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2187)
- Live (pageviews: 1925)