GoFundMe Set Up To Help Businesses Damaged In Massive Millcreek Fire
MILLCREEK, Utah — Business owners have been trying to get an idea of the damage done to their buildings after a massive fire destroyed a nearby apartment complex that was under construction in Millcreek.
The flames erupted Wednesday evening, causing millions of dollars in damage.
Look at this apartment complex (under construction) that caught fire in Millcreek. I’ve been told some homes in the area have lost power.
— Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeKSL) June 17, 2021
There are more than a dozen small business owners in the building next door. A lot of them have not been able to get into their businesses because of a large crane, standing above the structure, that was burnt.
It has created an issue for Glade Baldwin, the owner of Highland Pharmacy.
He has special rules to be following with the drug agencies, and said that he had by the end of Friday to get back to them with the damage report.
Baldwin, who has been in the building since 2004, said he’s working with other pharmacy locations that he has, including one in Kearns, to get prescriptions filled for people who need them.
The whole process for him has been devastating.
“I’ve been a pharmacist for 41 years,” said Baldwin through tears. “In all my years, I never thought I would use my insurance, and never my fire insurance.”
A *GoFundMe account has been created for Baldwin and all the other small business owners, mainly to cover deductibles.
Baldwin told KSL-TV his deductible will be in the thousands of dollars.
*KSL-TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisors and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)