37-Year-Old Man Drowns At Pineview Reservoir
HUNTSVILLE, Utah — A 37-year-old man has died after officials said he attempted to swim out to his son on Pineview Reservoir and drowned.
Deputies with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to the Middle Inlet area shortly before 1:30 p.m. Sunday.
Officials said it was reported that a man swam out after his son who was on a flotation device, but before he could reach the boy, he went under the water.
A bystander was eventually able to get out to the child, but officials said they weren’t able to find the father.
Search and rescue crews were then called in to search for the 37-year-old.
Officials said his body was recovered around 3:50 p.m.
The drowning victim’s name has not been released, pending notification of family.
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 17916)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16520)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8565)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7815)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6068)