One Dead, Nine Injured After SUV Crashes On I-80 In Tooele County
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah — One man died and nine others, including eight children, were injured after an SUV crashed on Interstate 80 west of Grantsville, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Troopers said the Ford Excursion traveling eastbound and pulling a 29-foot travel trailer when it began to fishtail Tuesday night.
The trailer then sideswiped the trailer of a commercial vehicle, causing the Excursion to whip violently into the center median and roll onto its top.
It is a hard start to the week on the west side of I-80. Our troopers have investigated several significant crashes in the past 72 hours resulting in two deaths. Make sure you stay safe on your summer travels. Speed, Seatbelts, Impairment and Fatigue all make a difference! https://t.co/iI1BCp9KuD
— Michael Rapich (@ColonelRapich) June 23, 2021
Troopers said the male driver suffered fatal injuries and died on scene; his wife and eight children suffered various injuries but none were considered to be life-threatening.
All nine individuals were transported to Salt Lake area hospitals for treatment. No updates on their conditions were immediately available.
Troopers have not released the victim’s identity.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8296)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 5701)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4813)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3465)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3004)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2451)