Millcreek Business Works To Save Wedding Dresses After Massive Fire
MILLCREEK, Utah — A week after a fire damaged more than a dozen businesses in Millcreek, including Jung’s Alterations, some customers are trying to track down their wedding dress for their big day.
Sarah Jensen’s wedding dress had alterations done and she was scheduled to come into Jung’s Alterations Wednesday to get her dress fitted and then pick it up Saturday.
The shop was still closed because of the fire and Jensen worried her dream dress was gone forever.
“I got engaged in February of 2020 and then the pandemic hit and that kind of prolonged things,” she said.
Jensen said things were looking good for a walk down the aisle with her fiancé in September after she found her dream dress.
“I had my mom with me. My bridesmaids with me. We made a day out of it. You finally put that one on. You just kind of know,” she said.
Then she got word last week that Jung’s Alterations was one of the businesses damaged in a massive fire.
Jensen wondered, “That’s my biggest concern. Did the dress make it through the fire? Did it not make it through the fire?”
Earlier this week Mequette Sorensen, the property owner, said they were worried the fire ruined wedding and bridesmaid dresses, but they managed to salvage many of them.
“So we were piling these wedding dresses on all of us to walk to the car, and here was Jung making sure she was going to take every wedding dress with her,” Sorensen described.
She said Jung is committed to helping all customers track down their dresses because she cares for each of them.
Jensen said she’s not angry and feels bad the shop was damaged, but she did want answers.
“We have time. We can get another one. It might not be that one, but it’s something that can be replaced,” Jensen said calmly.
KSL put Jensen in touch with Mequette to find out if her dress was among those they pulled out of the shop.
If you are a customer of Jung’s Alterations and are trying to track down a dress send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include an invoice number, and a description of your dress.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)