Dangling Semi-Truck Closes NB I-215 To WB I-80 Ramp
SALT LAKE CITY – Utah Highway Patrol officers blocked traffic on the northbound I-215W to westbound I-80 ramp after a semi-truck crashed and dangled from the overpass Thursday afternoon.
It was the second semi-truck to dangle off an overpass Thursday.
Several ramps were closed around 4 p.m., although UHP said troopers were already reopening affected ramps. Officials cleared the crash scene around 6 p.m.
Troopers are investigating a single vehicle crash I-215 NB to I-80 EB. The EB ramp is currently closed, please use an alternate route. We estimate the ramp to open by 6:00 p.m. There are no injuries in this crash. We urge everyone to slow down with the wet weather conditions. pic.twitter.com/0lggAcAzJc
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) June 24, 2021
Troopers urged drivers to slow down on the wet roads.
The first incident happened around 8 a.m. Thursday on the ramp from southbound I-15 to I-215 ramp in North Salt Lake.
It caused heavy delays during the morning commute as it dangled off a barrier.
Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol said the truck lost control on the ramp, hitting the barrier on the right shoulder.
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5440)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 5179)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5085)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 2760)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidently falling from balcony (pageviews: 2591)
- Avalanche triggered at Snowbird resort, no injuries reported - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2230)