Man In Critical Condition After Near-Drowning At Pineview Reservoir
HUNTSVILLE, Utah — A 25-year-old man was flown to a local hospital in critical condition after authorities said he went under the water for several minutes at Pineview Reservoir.
The incident occurred at Cemetery Point around 1 p.m. Sunday.
Officials with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office said the man went into the water after his brother went under.
The 25-year-old, who officials said was swimming in Levi’s, also began to struggle before going under himself.
“The brother was located and pulled from the water, however, it was then realized that the victim had also gone under,” read a press release from WCSO.
Bystanders were eventually able to locate the man and pull him from the water after officials said he had been under for about 10 minutes.
“When they brought him out, he was definitely in a bad way,” said Deputy Chief David Reed with the Weber Fire District.
Bystanders began life-saving measures while they waited for first responders to arrive.
Officials said first responders were able to locate a pulse before the victim was transported to a local hospital in critical condition by medical helicopter.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)