Man Dies After Capsizing Canoe At Deer Creek Reservoir
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah — A 69-year-old man has died after he capsized a canoe at Deer Creek Reservoir, according to the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office.
The Salt Lake City man was found unconscious in a capsized canoe around 12:15 p.m. Saturday.
Officials said a bystander was able to get the man on their boat and transport him to shore where first responders were waiting, but unfortunately, the man died at the scene.
Police said the 69-year-old was not wearing a life jacket.
The State Medical Examiner’s Office will determine the official cause of death.
“We encourage those swimming and playing on the water to wear life jackets, be aware of their personal limitations on the water, and plan accordingly,” read a Facebook post from the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)