Woman Dead After Crash On US 40 In Duchesne County
DUCHESNE, Utah — A woman has died following a two-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 40 near Strawberry Reservoir.
The incident happened just before 4 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of U.S. 40 and Strawberry River Road.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said a Toyota Highlander was turning left onto the highway from Strawberry River Road when it failed to yield to an eastbound Nissan van.
The Nissan struck the driver side of the Toyota, forcing both cars off the roadway.
Officials said three of the four adults involved in the crash had to be extricated and were transported to the hospital in a medical helicopter.
One woman suffered critical injuries and was later pronounced dead during surgery, according to UHP officials.
Her identity has not been released.
Trooper said there were multiple children in the Nissan van, but they suffered only minor bumps and bruises.
U.S. 40 was closed for several hours Sunday while troopers investigated the scene, but reopened around 7:30 p.m.
EDITOR’S NOTE: The location of the crash has been updated to say Duchesne County. It previously said Wasatch County.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)