Toddler Hit, Killed By Car During July 4th Celebrations
PAYSON, Utah — A 2-year-old child has died after being hit by a car while preparing for a July 4th fireworks celebration with family.
Payson Police said in a press release Tuesday night that Levi Martinez died as a result of an auto-pedestrian crash in the area of 400 South and 400 East.
Police said a family member was moving a vehicle in the driveway of the home in preparation for fireworks. The driver did not see the toddler in front of the vehicle and hit him.
The 2-year-old died from his injuries.
In a statement, police said while they are awaiting toxicology results for the driver, there is nothing to suggest this is anything other than a “tragic accident.” They said all parties present, including the driver, were cooperative with the investigation.
The police department said a *GoFundMe fundraising page has been established for the “Levi Martinez Memorial Fund.”
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)