Maricopa Co., Arizona, Attorney’s Office Declines To File Murder Charges Against Chad Daybell
PHOENIX — Officials with the Maricopa County, Arizona, Attorney’s Office said Chad Daybell will not face murder charges in connection to the death of Charles Vallow.
Authorities said they were declining prosecution because they felt there was “no reasonable likelihood of conviction.”
Earlier this month, officers in Chandler, Arizona, released a probable cause statement from their investigation into Vallow’s death.
Lori Vallow, Charles Vallow’s ex-wife and Daybell’s current wife, was indicted by a grand jury on one count of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder.
#BREAKING: @marcoattorney's Office says #ChadDaybell won't face charges in #CharlesVallow's murder. "We are declining prosecution of Chad Daybell in this matter based on 'No reasonable likelihood of conviction.'" Detectives alluded to this in #LoriVallow's charging docs. @KSL5TV https://t.co/hiRQaKX4G9 pic.twitter.com/XNf9Fv24Eq
— Garna Mejia KSL (@GarnaMejiaKSL) July 7, 2021
In the probable cause statement, police said there was “no obvious communication” between Daybell and Lori Vallow to show Daybell was directly involved in the alleged planning of Charles Vallow’s death.
Both Lori Vallow and Daybell are facing multiple charges in Idaho related to the deaths of Vallow’s children, JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan, along with the death of Daybell’s ex-wife Tammy Daybell.
Arizona authorities said they will give priority to the cases in Idaho as they were filed first, and no hearings are currently scheduled in Arizona.
See KSL TV’s full coverage of the case here.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)