Springville Girl Raises Almost $1K For Fire Department Through Lemonade Stand, Donations
SPRINGVILLE, Utah — A 9-year-old girl raised over $975 through an Independence Day lemonade stand and donated it all to the Springville Fire Department.
Pari Jat Sarkar presented the check to firefighters on Thursday.
“I did a lemonade stand and I sold some bracelets as well, and I made $990, and I wanted to donate it to the fire department,” she said.
Fire officials said Sarkar is a strong supporter of first responders and donations came in from first responders across the country.
Last year, Sarkar raised over $700 for the Springville Police Department. She wasn’t able to open a lemonade stand due to COVID-19 restrictions, so she hand-painted rocks and sold them.
Following the donation, Sarkar got to take a ride in a firetruck after visiting with firefighters.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)