FOOD & RECIPES
Smith’s Chef Jeff’s Bang Bang Grilled Corn Recipe
Jul 9, 2021, 2:02 PM | Updated: Feb 13, 2023, 1:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — We’re in the middle of barbeque season, and Chef Jeff Jackson with Smith’s Food & Drug joined us at the KSL TV Studios to share his recipe for bang bang grilled corn.
Ingredients For Corn
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ c. cotija cheese, crumbled
- Lime wedges for serving
Ingredients For Bang Bang Sauce
- ½ c. mayo
- ¼ c. sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp. Sriracha
- 2 tsp. honey
- Heat your grill on high heat. Shuck the corn and coat each ear with canola oil and a sprinkling of kosher salt and pepper.
- Make the Bang Bang sauce by adding its ingredients to a mixing bowl and thoroughly combine. Put the finished sauce in a squeeze bottle if you have one. Set aside.
- Place the corn on the grill and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until it has a good char on all sides.
- Remove the corn from the grill and drizzle with some of the sauce, sprinkle on some cotija cheese and give it a squeeze of a lime wedge.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)