Both Directions Of I-15 Reopened Near UT-AZ Border After Closure Due To Wildfire
MOHAVE COUNTY, Ariz. – A new wildfire sparked just south of St. George, forcing crews to close both directions of Interstate 15.
The Lime Fire, which shares its name with a Sept. 2020 fire, is burning in the Virgin River Gorge area of the Arizona Strip.
Officials with the Bureau of Land Management in Arizona report the fire has burned around 1,000 acres.
Both directions of I-15 reopened at 6 a.m. Tuesday after being closed for several hours between mileposts 18 and 27 — just north of Littlefield, Arizona, to just south of the Utah-Arizona border.
Meteorologists expect the area will see erratic, gusty winds and heavy rainfall Tuesday night.
We will continue to update this story with details as they become available.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)