Man From Heber City Charged With Murder In Shooting Death Of 7-Year-Old
Jul 13, 2021, 5:57 PM | Updated: 9:33 pm
(Used by permission, Danny Rodriguez)
HEBER CITY, Utah – Prosecutors upgraded charges against the gunman accused of killing a 7-year-old girl in Heber City.
Police originally booked Christopher O’Connell into jail on suspicion of manslaughter. On Tuesday, prosecutors charged him with first-degree murder.
Police said O’Connell and Colin Howells were both drunk when O’Connell fired the shot inside their apartment.
The bullet went through a wall and hit 7-year-old Zaydanielys Rodriguez.
The little girl was rushed to the hospital but didn’t survive.
Howells is also facing criminal charges, including intoxication.
A third suspect was charged with obstruction of justice.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 14346)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14172)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 11996)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 11993)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 10759)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 9599)