Man From Heber City Charged With Murder In Shooting Death Of 7-Year-Old
HEBER CITY, Utah – Prosecutors upgraded charges against the gunman accused of killing a 7-year-old girl in Heber City.
Police originally booked Christopher O’Connell into jail on suspicion of manslaughter. On Tuesday, prosecutors charged him with first-degree murder.
Police said O’Connell and Colin Howells were both drunk when O’Connell fired the shot inside their apartment.
The bullet went through a wall and hit 7-year-old Zaydanielys Rodriguez.
The little girl was rushed to the hospital but didn’t survive.
Howells is also facing criminal charges, including intoxication.
A third suspect was charged with obstruction of justice.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)