Man From Heber City Charged With Murder In Shooting Death Of 7-Year-Old
HEBER CITY, Utah – Prosecutors upgraded charges against the gunman accused of killing a 7-year-old girl in Heber City.
Police originally booked Christopher O’Connell into jail on suspicion of manslaughter. On Tuesday, prosecutors charged him with first-degree murder.
Police said O’Connell and Colin Howells were both drunk when O’Connell fired the shot inside their apartment.
The bullet went through a wall and hit 7-year-old Zaydanielys Rodriguez.
The little girl was rushed to the hospital but didn’t survive.
Howells is also facing criminal charges, including intoxication.
A third suspect was charged with obstruction of justice.
- Instagram account of missing woman returns after being deactivated (pageviews: 78969)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 55145)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 49247)
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office investigating Moab murders & Petito disappearance (pageviews: 26801)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18842)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 15763)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up (pageviews: 13889)
- Moab police release details on incident between missing 22-year-old & boyfriend (pageviews: 11211)
- Boyfriend of missing woman breaks silence, releases statement through attorney (pageviews: 7605)