Utah Father, Son Hit Buzzers For First Time On ‘American Ninja Warrior’
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A father and son team from Utah became the first duo of its kind to both hit buzzers on NBC’s American Ninja Warrior.
The sport became a family affair eight years ago when dad, Brian Beckstrand, realized this was a sport his whole family could participate in.
“In traditional sports like basketball, younger athletes aren’t competing against older athletes, but in the Ninja World, that’s not always the case,” said Beckstrand.
Monday night, Brian’s son Kai had the fastest time of the evening.
Two of Kai’s siblings recently competed on American Ninja Warrior Junior.
The family now owns two gyms in St. George where people can train for these competitions.
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)