Memorial Torch Motorcycle Ride Honoring Fallen Soldiers Stops In Utah
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — A cross-country motorcycle ride honoring fallen soldiers made a stop in Bountiful.
“They will tell you that their biggest fear is that the community at large will forget their fallen service member, and so when they see us pull up, you already see the tears in their eyes, knowing that, ‘Hey, people out there care,'” said Warren Williamson with the Tribute to Fallen Soldiers.
On Tuesday, the traveling tribute pulled up outside the home of PFC Cody Hendrickson who was killed in a boating accident while serving in the U.S Army back in 2011.
The group presented his family with a plaque, honoring their son’s service.
The motorcycle riders travel with a memorial flame on their route from Eugene Oregon to Arlington National Cemetery.
This year, 75 fallen soldiers will be recognized and honored during this summer’s journey.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)