Lehi Residents Save Nearly 47 Million Gallons Of Water In One Week
LEHI, Utah — City officials thanked the Lehi community after it conserved millions of gallons of water this week alone.
In all, Lehi saved 144-acre feet of water compared to the same week last year. That equated to 46,922,544 gallons of irrigation water.
The city posted the congratulatory note on Twitter Wednesday.
Our Water Department reports that we've saved 144 acre feet of pressurized irrigation water this week over the same week of 2020. That is over 46,922,606 gallons of water saved! Amazing!
Please visit https://t.co/2Dt6MZmDDB for more information on how you can save water pic.twitter.com/bY2dc4gffG
— Lehi City (@LehiCity) July 14, 2021
The Lehi City Council put phase three water restrictions into place on June 15.
Residents were told they should limit watering lawns to three days per week with at least 48 hours between the start of each watering cycle for each irrigation zone.
More conservation goals are outlined on the Lehi website.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)