Heavy Rain, Hail Hits Southern Utah
ENOCH, Utah – Heavy rain transformed streets in at least one southern Utah community Wednesday evening.
The storms dumped rain and hail in Enoch around 5 p.m.
Christina Johansen sent photos to KSL that showed water flowing down her street almost halfway up the front tire of a car parked on the side of the road.
“Our street is a (explicative) river!” she said while she narrated a video clip. “I have never seen this much water coming down this street before.”
She said she was lucky she lived near the top of a hill.
Thunderstorms capable of producing outflow wind gusts up to 45 mph with penny size hail, lightning, and heavy rainfall are moving off of the Oquirrhs through the southern half of the Salt Lake Valley and northern Utah County now through 5:45PM #utwx pic.twitter.com/rFoZ8GKg8O
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) July 14, 2021
The National Weather Service tweeted information about thunderstorms and high winds in part of the Salt Lake Valley, Utah, Garfield and Kane counties.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)