Search And Rescue Crews Looking For Missing Teenager At Pineview Reservoir
HUNTSVILLE, Utah — Search and rescue crews are searching for a 16-year-old boy who went missing while out on Pineview Reservoir.
The incident happened in the Middle Inlet area of the reservoir around 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
Officials with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office said the teen was swimming with friends, attempting to cross from one shore to another, when they realized they wouldn’t make it.
When the group decided to turn back, officials said the 16-year-old went under the water.
Authorities said the friends tried to pull him to safety, but their efforts were unsuccessful.
Search and rescue crews are currently searching the water with dive teams, sonar and a drone.
Officials said no one in the group was wearing a life jacket.
It is the fourth drowning to occur at Pineview this summer, according to WCSO officials.
Additional details were not immediately available.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)