Park City Fire Chief Dead After UTV Crash During Oregon Vacation
PARK CITY, Utah – Fire Chief Paul Hewitt with the Park City Fire Department has died after he was critically injured in a UTV crash Monday in Eugene, Oregon.
According to a Facebook post from the department, Hewitt was vacationing with his family when the incident occurred.
Sadly, he passed away in a Eugene hospital Friday at the age of 58.
Hewitt was appointed as Park City Fire Chief in February 2011 after spending 20 years with the Salt Lake City Fire Department.
“He set an example of true leadership and touched so many with his genuine personality and compassion for others,” read the Facebook post said. “He will be greatly missed by the Park City Fire Department family.”
The Department asked the public to keep his family and thoughts in their prayers and to respect their privacy at this time.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)