Police: 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found In Toy Chest In Room; Death Ruled Accidental
HURRICANE, Utah — A 4-year-old boy who was reported missing on Sunday was found dead inside a small toy chest in his room, according to the Hurricane Police Department.
Authorities said Kache Wallis’ death was ruled accidental “due to positional asphyxiation” by the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner.
Wallis was reported missing after his grandmother told police he had been put to bed the night before and could not be found in or around the home.
“After searching with the help of family and friends and not being able to find him, they called police,” police said.
Officers also searched the home but did not locate Wallis.
Search efforts began outside the home with help from the community, and police said they later decided to search the house again.
Just before 1:30 p.m. Sunday, police said Wallis had been located. Hours later, police released an update saying Wallis was found dead inside the home.
“It was at this time that detectives located Kache inside of a small toy chest in his room,” officers said.
The state medical examiner’s office ruled the death was accidental, saying the boy suffocated in the chest.
Police said they interviewed family members but did not say if they planned to file any charges.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)