Troopers Investigating After Man Hit, Killed On SB I-15 In SLC
SALT LAKE CITY — All southbound Interstate 15 lanes have reopened near 900 North in Salt Lake City after a man was hit and killed early Thursday morning.
Lt. Wade Breur with the Utah Highway Patrol said authorities received reports of a body on the freeway around 1 a.m.
Medical crews confirmed the victim was deceased upon arrival and UHP closed all southbound lanes for several hours while clean-up crews cleared the scene.
.@UTHighwayPatrol investigating after it appears a man was hit and killed along I-15 SB near 1000 N. It happened just before 1:00 AM. They’re working to figure out what happened, who the man is, and find the vehicle that hit him. They hope to have the freeway open before 5AM. pic.twitter.com/mz3Hdz3ZAm
— Sean Moody (@SeanMoodyPhoto) July 29, 2021
“No vehicles stopped or have reported striking an individual in the area,” UHP Sgt. Cameron Roden said. “The individual is male and no identification has been located.”
Roden added the incident is under investigation and the state medical examiner’s office is using a fingerprint scanner to try and identify the victim.
Troopers asked anyone with information to come forward so they can give peace to family and friends. Investigators believe the man might have been hit by a semi-truck, and the driver might not have realized they stuck a person.
All southbound I-15 lanes reopened just after 5 a.m. Thursday.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)