Morgan Community Supports Grieving Family After Sudden Loss of Teen Son
MORGAN, Utah — Shocked and saddened by the sudden loss of 14-year-old Wil Pentz, dozens of people lined the street to show support for his family Thursday.
As family members left Pentz’s funeral services, people stood by holding maroon and white balloons — Morgan High School’s colors.
Pentz came from a family of skilled wrestlers and was set to join the school’s team as an incoming freshman. Classmate Belle Mecham says Pentz always brightened the lives of those around him.
“I was so excited every time he was in my class,” Mecham said, holding back tears. “He would just make me happy and no matter what I was going through that day, he would just make me smile and laugh, and I loved him.”
Mecham was grateful to see so many people along the street Thursday afternoon.
“Really makes me happy, because you know that people love him,” she said.
A family friend, and substitute bus driver, Jerry Pierce said Pentz always walked onto his bus with a smile.
“Just an amazing kid,” Pierce said. “He had a great influence on his peers and even us as adults. Just a very respective individual, and comes from an amazing family, who is loved and supported by this entire community.”
As Pentz’s hearse and his family passed through the crowd, hundreds of balloons were released into the sky. Pierce says most of the balloons were donated by a local business.
“I just want the family to know how much we love them,” Pierce said. “It shows a true sense of community when you see people gather like this. We are a close-knit community that loves, truly loves each other.”
Morgan County deputies said very little about Pentz’s death Thursday, adding that they will only say right now that the death is still under investigation.
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 86721)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 55465)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 43765)
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office investigating Moab murders & Petito disappearance (pageviews: 28658)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 19844)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up (pageviews: 18700)
- Private investigator surprised search warrant hasn’t been served at house of Gabby Petito’s boyfriend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12919)
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9483)
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito (pageviews: 9462)