Semi-Truck Crashes Impact Salt Lake City Traffic
SALT LAKE CITY — Authorities responded to two crashes involving semi-trucks in Salt Lake City on Monday, including one that left a truck partially hanging off an overpass.
Hazmat crews responded to the northbound Interstate 215 West to westbound I-80 ramp Monday morning after a semi crashed.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Fire Department said the driver was able to safely exit the cab, which was hanging over the edge of an overpass.
Firefighters said drivers should avoid the area, including the eastbound I-80 to southbound I-215 East ramp, and expect the delays.
The Utah Highway Patrol said the ramp will be closed until 4 p.m.
Jackknifed Semi Blocks I-15 Lanes
Emergency crews also responded to a jackknifed semi-truck that blocked southbound I-15 lanes near 800 South in SLC.
No cause for the crash has been given but wet road conditions were reported in the area.
Troopers said drivers should turn their lights on if their wipers are on. Visibility is difficult in weather like this.
“Keep the speeds down,” troopers said. “Hydroplaning is not an excuse for crashing. It means you were traveling too fast for conditions.”
Troopers also urged drivers to wear their seat belts.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)