Clearfield Police Offering $5,000 Reward In Unsolved Homicide
CLEARFIELD, Utah – It has been eight months since Kelly Robert Bodily, 53, was found dead in his home. Now the Clearfield Police Department offering a reward for help finding his killer.
Police say leads have dried up in the case and they hope the $5,000 reward will encourage people who know something to come forward.
— Clearfield PD, Utah (@ClearfieldPD) August 4, 2021
“We’re not quite sure with this case, this one is a little bit perplexing, we’re not sure what the motive was,” Assistant Chief of Clearfield City Police Devin Rogers said.
“Kelly Bodily was murdered on December 5th between the hours of 10:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. there were gunshots that occurred at that home.”
Assistant Chief Rogers said other neighbors recalled hearing the gunshots on December 5th, but no one reported it.
Court documents indicate Bodily’s body was found in the kitchen with both arms clenched holding a baseball bat, but police say there are no signs of a break in. They are waiting on DNA test results, but in the meantime, they’re asking for the community’s help.
“We’re quite confident that somebody knows about this homicide and we’re really hoping that those people will do that right thing.”
The reward money is funded by the city.
Anyone with information call should call Clearfield Tip-A-Cop Line 1-801-525-2849.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)