The Monarch Unveils New Art Installation By The Flaming Lips’ Wayne Coyne
OGDEN, Utah — Ogden Contemporary Arts is featuring an artist that music lovers out there may recognize — Wayne Coyne of The Flaming Lips.
KSL-TV caught up with him at the Monarch museum Friday to check out his new art exhibit.
It’s called King’s Mouth — and if you’re triggered by Wayne Coyne’s psychedelic rock music, his installation takes it to another level.
You can’t miss the giant silver head — you crawl inside its foam mouth and kick back while looking up at streaming LED lights synched up to booming music.
Coyne has billed it as an “immersive head trip fantasy experience.”
“Everyone is leaning more towards experiences, immersive experiences,” said Coyne. “The real thrill is when you get to go inside the King’s mouth and experience the light show — the sound and the way it sorta over takes you. You can touch it, you can lay on it, you can be part of it.”
You get a glimpse of Coyne’s creative journey through videos and displays of his original artwork.
To kick off the show, there’s a reception at the Monarch on Friday, Aug. 6, at 4 p.m., featuring Coyne.
He will be creating original works there.
For ticket info, visit the Ogden Contemporary Arts website.
You can check out King’s Mouth for free through Sept. 19.
Coyne will also be back in Ogden on Aug. 20 to perform at the Ogden Twilight series.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)