Man’s Body Found In Salt Lake County Canal
WEST JORDAN, Utah — A man has been found dead in a Salt Lake County canal, according to officials with the West Jordan Police Department.
Lt. Chad Haun with WJPD said a passersby called in Saturday afternoon, reporting what they believed was a body in a canal, located at about 6600 South and Redwood Road in West Jordan.
When officers arrived on scene, they were able to determine it was a man in the canal and that he was dead.
Haun said, at this time, there doesn’t appear to be any foul play.
“There’s nothing suspicious. There doesn’t appear to be any reason for anybody to be alarmed. There’s no suspect at large, or anything like that,” he said.
The man was identified Sunday morning as 44-year-old Leon Webb from the Salt Lake County area.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)