Young Boy Dead After Catching Fire In Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — A young boy has died after he caught fire in Salt Lake City, burning more than 90 percent of his body.
The incident happened just before 6:30 p.m. Saturday near 500 South and Navajo Street.
Lt. Steve Wooldridge with the Salt Lake City Police Department said two pre-teen boys were playing with some type of fuel and accelerant when one of them caught fire.
“A citizen saw that and assisted with trying to put out the fire while Salt Lake City Fire Department responded,” said Wooldridge.
After realizing the severity of the boy’s injuries, he was rushed, along with GoldCross ambulance, to Primary Children’s Hospital.
“In spite of attempted medical intervention, the child has passed away,” said Wooldridge.
The incident is under investigation.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)