Young Boy Dead After Catching Fire In Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — A young boy has died after he caught fire in Salt Lake City, burning more than 90 percent of his body.
The incident happened just before 6:30 p.m. Saturday near 500 South and Navajo Street.
Lt. Steve Wooldridge with the Salt Lake City Police Department said two pre-teen boys were playing with some type of fuel and accelerant when one of them caught fire.
“A citizen saw that and assisted with trying to put out the fire while Salt Lake City Fire Department responded,” said Wooldridge.
After realizing the severity of the boy’s injuries, he was rushed, along with GoldCross ambulance, to Primary Children’s Hospital.
“In spite of attempted medical intervention, the child has passed away,” said Wooldridge.
The incident is under investigation.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)