Man Injured After Falling From Sky Ride At Lagoon Amusement Park
FARMINGTON, Utah — A 32-year-old man was critically injured after police said he fell off the Sky Ride at the Lagoon Amusement Park in Davis County.
Officials with the Farmington Police Department said they received multiple 911 phone calls about the incident shortly before 6 p.m. Saturday.
Officers and medical personnel arrived on scene to administer aid before taking the man by helicopter to the University of Utah Hospital.
As of Saturday night, the 32-year-old was reported in critical condition.
Police said the man was riding the attraction alone, based on accounts from multiple eye-witnesses.
According to Lagoon’s website, the Sky Ride is similar to a ski lift as it “conveys guests to and from the north and south ends of the Midway.”
“The initial investigation does not indicate any type of mechanical malfunction of the Sky Ride or the specific car the patient was riding in at the time of the fall,” read a press release from the FPD. “It is estimated the patient fell from a height of about 50 feet.”
Police said his name will not be released per the request of his family.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)