Man Found Dead In Midvale Canal
MIDVALE, Utah — Police said they were investigating after a man was found dead in a canal in Midvale.
Ken Hansen, public information officer with the Unified Police Department, said someone walking by the canal, located near 200 East and 7800 South, noticed the man floating in the water Sunday morning and called police.
Officers then arrived on scene and were able to remove the man’s body from the water.
“He’s known to be, in this area, kind of as a homeless person. Sometimes people camp in this area, back in the trees,” said Hansen. “He’s about a 70-year-old man.”
Police said they’re not sure how the man ended up in the canal, adding that they’re not ruling out foul play.
Hansen said it looks like he had been dead for at least a few days.
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)